Thread: Two gig reports

Two gig reports

Wave Invasion played a couple of shows over the last 2 weekends. Two weeks ago we were onstage at a Car Show and Sunday was at a Farmer's Market at a local Mall. The Car Show was a benefit for Police Officers. We palyed on the back of a flatbed tow truck, something I haven't done for about 20 years.

They had portable shelters for us but instead of needing them to shade us from the triple digit temps that had been predicted all week we ended up using them as rain shelters. The first part of the day was wet but it helped cool off the weather for the afternoon. We had a long day playing from about 10AM until around 3:30. We were supposed to start around 9AM but it took a while to rig up the shelters in the rain. We ended up improvising an extension for the shelter legs behind the truck/stage.

Everything went great in spite of the weather and we picked more fans and have received offers for other shows.

Here's a few pics of the cars.

Sunday's show at the Farmer's Market was smaller but we still had a good reaction from the attendees. Stage was slightly more cramped but again it wasn't too hot and we played from 9AM till noon so the temps never got bad.

My daughter showed up with my grandson who was really into our set.

Here's a video of him watching me play.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Re: Two gig reports

way cool Daddio

Love that blue Mosrite!!!

Re: Two gig reports

What a cute lil' guy! Did he like the cars, too? I woulda loved that when I was his age...they look like big versions of matchbox cars!!

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."