Thread: Digitech Whammy

Digitech Whammy

If you've played through one of these, what are your thoughts on the Digitech Whammy? Looks like fun...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Digitech Whammy

I have not played through a real Whammy though I have used the Whammy setting in a Digitech multi effects pedal. I'm not sure how similar they are but I had a blast with it!

I'm not sure I'd have any real use for one, though.

I felt the same way about the Fuzz Factory. I had a beautiful hand painted one. I loved it but couldn't really use it int he real world, couldn't see having so much money tied up in it and sold it.

I want another though I paid only a little more than a used Vexter sells for for the one that I had and I still couldn't see keeping it.

Now if I saw a Vexter for $100...

I, like Don, haven't played a real one, but I've had some experience using the settings on an M9.

I had the most "use" if you can call it that, doing things like setting the extremes to unison/octave up or octave down, or perfect fourth/perfect fifth and just dumping from one extreme to another as I saw fit. I could see somebody using it in all sorts of creative ways, but that somebody wasn't me.

BTW - getting the settings just right on the M9 are a real PITA. It doesn't jump right to 12.0 or 5.0. You'll spend a lot of time juggling between 11.9 and 12.1 trying to get it dialed in before locking it down.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

It is intriguing, but now that I think of it. I tripped and almost had a bad fall just trying to switch on my distortion pedal.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I've had 2 real ones, great pedal! Awesome tracking and good tone. I never used the whammy funxtion, just the harmony feature. Idk what you're planning on using yours for, but if it's harmony I can attest for it.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I found the treadle way too sensitive... ie if set to whammy mode and 2x octave... it's just unusable IMO - even in 1x octave mode - either up or down it's just way too crazy... if it could be set for smaller intervals - say up or down a 3rd or 4th it might be interesting but it can't so... I've given it back to it's owner to try and flog elsewhere...
    If I could find a road to get away it wouldn't be too soon....... Shipwreck Moon.......