last week I reported that I have been able to use stairs much more readily again, and started using my half stack again for the first time in over a year. Then I put together a stored away spare table to use as a desk/bench. This weekend I was sitting around talking about songs with my nephew so I showed him the setup down stairs. He almost immediately asked me if he could play my bass, of course I said yes.

He began calling out songs to try to play. It's probably been 10 years since our last jam session/lesson. His music spectrum was rather limited, shall we say. We used to play Folsom Prison Blues a lot and we started off with that chest nut. The next 3 hours was a smorgasbord, GnR, Seals and Kroft, Black Sabbath and Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Doors, Avenged Sevenfold, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Chris Stapleton, Lynyrd Skynyrd. Good grief, he's musical palette has grown. That was Monday, we had two jam sessions in one day.

The real clincher, he wanted to trade back my CV50 Tele for the bass. Done. Got my baby back. Gave it a truss rod tweak last night, showed him how it's done. Stuff from last night: Foreigner, Cranberries, Beatles, Wings, Queen in addition to some of the stuff from before.

I've probably played more guitar in the last week than I have all year.

the set up:

Going to keep an eye out for a bass cab, maybe something with a pair of 15s. Bunch of Kustom cabs on facebook and cl. Going to sell the newer CV50 Tele I bought because I missed my old one so badly. Maybe I'll keep the P bass body I have and get the unfinished neck set up and running.