Thread: Here We Go - It's Sunday Again. June 2, 2024

Here We Go - It's Sunday Again. June 2, 2024

June has arrived. We're now on the cusp of summer. Schools will be out soon, gas prices will be going up, the road clogged with RVs and family adventurers and the smell of barbecues will waft through the air.

That last item was true for me, as I attended a nice "garden party" hosted by one of my friends. Today I'll be attending my granddaughter's dance recital, and hope to spend time with family. Both my son-in-law and daughter have recently had the COVID experience (again), but I'm told the infectious stage is over, so I don't feel at risk. A benefit of living alone is that one can choose where and if one gets exposed to stuff like this.

Drop D has been a real kickstarter for me. I've been having a ball working on songs in that tuning. To me, it's a whole new sound for some!

I hope it's nice where you are. Go outside. Wear a hat. Use sunscreen. Use insect repellant. Enjoy the day!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Here We Go - It's Sunday Again. June 2, 2024

It?s a beautiful June Sunday here on the west coast of Lake Michigan. Inland away from the lake it?s anticipated to hit 80? this afternoon but that ?lake effect? Will keep us around 70? I guess. It?s still a nice, sunny day and my wife and I will be cruising one of the Harleys and enjoying it.

Hope all have a great day!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Misty rain here in Kentuckiana.

Wife?s garage opener died yesterday and I never had 1 for the Mini, so picked 3 (go ahead and replaced to one for the F-150). Got them programmed this AM.

Had to have a number of discussions with Amazon yesterday and this AM regarding an order (strap for the new to me Ric 360/6v64. They said they delivered it yesterday. Nothing. They confirmed yep it was still in the couriers van and would be delivered by 10pm yesterday. Well nada as of 7:30Am today. talked to them again this AM. They ordered a new one and it should be here tomorrow by 8pm.

Doing church from home (the wife hates rain and her hair impact). Later I need to program a couple more openers, get a propane tank, install some strap locks, and do some playing on the new Strat and MM bass. Probably return a watch I got the other day (impulse buy) and hit a local watering hole.
    Mark

nice weekend for a change although I'd rather have this weather for my niece's wedding next weekend when it's projected to be cloudy cool and possibly rainy. Getting a haircut this week and it will be the last time I have my longtime hairdresser, she's retiring. I've been getting my hair cut by her since my junior year of high school when I had it cut for my class picture 49 years ago. Watching Star Wars last night and realizing it was 47 years ago. Eek enough of that.

Leaving in a few minutes to go check out a '77 Stratocaster. Highly doubtful I'll actually buy it but this is a chance to get my hands on one and see if it satisfies the itch I've been having. It's not a '74 like my first Strat but same era. Don't know the original color, whoever stripped it did a very thorough job. Just over 8 pounds so it's light for the time period. One replaced pickup and pickguard. Could be interesting.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It's Sunday already??? What a week! Friday I spent the day in the studio with one of my coworkers. She was telling me that one of her "Bucket List" items was to sing backup on a song, so she came with me to the studio and we had her sing harmonies on three songs. Frankly, she was a lot less experienced than I was led to believe, but one of the songs is usable and we can bury her in the mix on the other two. Still, to see the smile on her face made it worth the day. Monday night I'm supposed to go back and meet a sax player who is going to solo on my newest tune. Hopefully it will be ready for uploading after that.

Got my riding mower fixed - all the pulleys had to be replaced along with the belts. Next week it will get new tires. Not bad - the first real work in 15 years. All that and then a letter from my bank arrives in the mail Friday - our mortgage is PAID IN FULL!!!

Today we're celebrating by cooking a nice Prime Rib - got two ribs so the two of us will be eating for 4! (I'm suspending my diet for a DAY).

Have a great week everybody!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    All that and then a letter from my bank arrives in the mail Friday - our mortgage is PAID IN FULL!!!
    I got mine back in May of '97. It's a great feeling!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

I got mine in 2008. But have since move and getting ready to do a con/perm loan. Buying some property (eyeing things in the 5-10 acres range), and building my forever house. Will have a dedicated music room/office over the 3 car garage.
    Mark