Thread: Avoided an oops tonight

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Avoided an oops tonight

Some of my gigs are put together on a weekly basis. As I do multiple roles, I try to pay attention to the role. Well last night I was thinking a couple gigs this weekend were are on bass. Spent sometime yesterday prepping the set list.

One of the songs was in a different key than normal, so I went back and checked the request. Oops, it?s not bass but lead guitar I?m filling. Glad I caught that early. Worked through the set list initially tonight to decide on which guitar to bring. Will finalize my practice over the next day or 2.

Would have been bad to show up with the wrong instrument (though recoverable as the location is 10 min from me), worse would have not being prepared and practiced.
    Mark

Re: Avoided an oops tonight

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Some of my gigs are put together on a weekly basis. As I do multiple roles, I try to pay attention to the role. Well last night I was thinking a couple gigs this weekend were are on bass. Spent sometime yesterday prepping the set list.

One of the songs was in a different key than normal, so I went back and checked the request. Oops, it?s not bass but lead guitar I?m filling. Glad I caught that early. Worked through the set list initially tonight to decide on which guitar to bring. Will finalize my practice over the next day or 2.

Would have been bad to show up with the wrong instrument (though recoverable as the location is 10 min from me), worse would have not being prepared and practiced.
    I can pretty safely say that I haven't had that problem yet
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Avoided an oops tonight

Ha! I was showed up at a gig and had forgotten my guitar completely! Had to borrow one. All went well.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.