Thread: The Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 16, 2024

The Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 16, 2024

Some of you guys have been up already, posting about Les Pauls (I note with interest there are a lot of such threads -- on a Fender forum, no less!) and not one of you started the Sunday thread. I think perhaps that's my only contribution to this forum sometimes!

But it's Father's Day. Everyone has had a father, so today we can recognize them for being half the equation, if nothing else.

My dad is long gone (passed away at 92 in 2005). So, now I'm the grandfather and my son-in-law is the dad. We are going to get together this afternoon where my son-in-law will get to practice one of his favorite pastimes, grilling. I bought him a pair of Star Wars grilling brands (heat 'em up and brand your steaks and burgers with Star Wars logos). He's a Star Wars fan.

So, what are y'all doing for Father's Day? If you're the dad in the family, are they doing something special for you? Or, are you the one treating your dad to something nice? We fathers don't usually get a lot of attention, and if you believe the TV at all, you'd think we were all buffoons and such. Today is our day to break the mold and be men -- fathers and sons alike. And if you're a member of the opposite sex (I don't care what they tell you, there are only two), take a moment to thank your dad as well!

Peace out.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Father's Day Sunday Thread for June 16, 2024

Yesterday was NGD (posted a thread on it. Yep it was a LP). Yep this and the sister site are slow IT wise today,

Got home yesterday with the new one and did another quick run through of the setlist for today with the PRS. Told it I bought its replacement. Odd thing, we started bonding then. Played and sounded great at todays gigs. Guess I scared it into submission LOL.

Going to take a nap, then build another rolling rack for the garage to put empty cases on. I understand about the dad thing. This is the 20th Fathers day I haven't been able to celebrate with my dad.

Mark