Thread: This Is Gonna Drive Me Nuts All Weekend

This Is Gonna Drive Me Nuts All Weekend

We're amongst those going through a current heat wave, so I decided to get out early and get some exercise in. Rather than lug around a heavy phone, I pulled an old iPod Nano that has 1,383 songs on it covering the Billboard Top 100 hits from multiple years. So, off I went, listening to songs some of which I haven't heard in years.

About 30 minutes out, I heard a song that I didn't recognize, but which I really liked. Some very nifty chord changes, and a country-ish flair to it. I thought to myself, "I think I'd like to learn this song. When I get home, I'll look it up."

Wrong.

Not knowing the artist or the title, scrolling through the list of songs -- even when plugged into my computer for readability -- was no help. Guess what? The iPod does not (that I can tell) keep a "recently played" list. Apple Music does, with music in the iTunes/Music library, but it won't read the iPod other than list the title, artist, genre, time, and album name. Not all of which are listed, but none give me the info I'm looking for.

To make matters worse, I can't remember the lyrics, except for snippets. The gist of goes something like when times are tough, you go with the flow and when the wind blows you bend with the wind. Yeah, not much to go on, right?

I opened up the Terminal program and dove into the device via the command line. I was hoping I'd find date/time stamps that might point me in the right direction, but no go there, either.

So, I'm going to OCD on this -- maybe I'll play every song on the iPod until I hear the one again. Grrr.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: This Is Gonna Drive Me Nuts All Weekend

My weekend is saved! I found the song. It's Jo Dee Messina and "That's The Way," a #1 song on the country charts in 2000.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!