Thread: The Last Sunday of June 2024

The Last Sunday of June 2024

I guess I’m first today.

A beautiful day here on the west shore of Lake Michigan so there’s time on the Harley ahead of me this morning.

The afternoon will be spent rehearsing for the blues fest I?ll be playing in two weeks.

Re: The Last Sunday of June 2024

Another day of rain here, so the bicycle is staying inside.
    Got out for a 22 mile ride two days ago.
    I might just stay home and play some guitar.
    Retirement rules!
    We've got the CuNiFe

Summer is in full swing here in the DelMarVa (or DMV as it's now called, because we have to abbreviate everything). Daytime temps in the 90s (30s, for those using Celsius) and high humidity. As usual, we've had very little rain, so fire warnings have been issued. That may break, as we had some thunder boomers last night and there are calls for rain today.

That might hamper my outdoor activities, but I've found myself in full Harry Homeowner mode lately, re-grouting the shower in my master bedroom. Needing to use the other bathroom while the grout and sealer dries, I've found some improvements I can make there. In the meantime, I've been re-arranging the kitchen and sort of upsetting the applecart of the routine. There's a certain sense of joy and accomplishment in that, strangely enough.

I've also been doing a lot of reading. I was on an eight month waiting list at the library for the latest Jack Carr novel, and they gave me a bump to the head of the line if I would return it in seven days rather than the customary 21. I should finish it today.

Be well, everyone!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

It?s been the 90s and humid for the last week. I used to be use to this in FL, but 2+ years in IN have me not so good with it. Work was hectic this past week.

Yesterday I mainly worked and tried to fix the push mower. Got it fixed and now found another issue. Play a couple gigs on bass today and in spare time probably fix the other mower issue. If a co-worker doesn?t contact my for a mtg today, I hope to watch some F1.
    Mark

very warm start today, supposed to get 90 degrees before the t-storms move in early afternoon. Got the fixings to make some spaghetti sauce, want to grill the onions and peppers outdoors so to not stink up the house. Bro's GF made chili last week and I smelled it for two days every time I came up from the cellar. Could be worse things to smell, I wager

started walking up and down my street this week for the first time since the hip break. yesterday I went around the block, or .75 miles (1.2km). I also went to the last public open house walk through of my old high school this week, it's now a middle school slated to be torn down. I was surprised at the lack of connection I felt with the place. It just looked small and tired. Usually I'm like "it's history, save it" but except for the O'Keefe auditorium, and maybe the gymnasium where I saw so many bands play, I couldn't care less about the rest of the building.

I want to get a walk in, it's too late to avoid the heat so at least I'll avoid the rain, so I can't stay on the computer all morning. Still need milk crates for my amps in the basement. They're either cheap and far or near and expensive. Just waiting for that near and cheap to roll around.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"