I played last night at the Folk Club and was very happy with my performance. I was last on the list, so I had plenty of time to mentally set myself. I made only one slight goof. But the goof was using a substitute chord in place of the primary, and I doubt anyone noticed. Doesn't matter if they did. My confidence is boosted!

So, the next "theme night" we're having is called, "Eat Your Words." The theme is food. Songs about food, having food in the title, literal or metaphorical references. But food.

Immediately, the song I have in my repertoire, "The Eggplant That Ate Chicago" sprang to mind. Norman Greenbaum's ("Spirit In The Sky") first effort as Dr. West's Medicine Show and Junk Band. You might remember it.

Searching around, I came across my recording of Manhattan Transfer's "Java Jive," an old Ink Spots tune from the 1940s. Turns out its not that hard to play (although I need to work on the Bdim7 that occurs once). I haven't timed out the two yet (we're limited to eight minutes on stage), but I wonder if anyone has a recommendation? I'm quite sure the songs everyone thinks of "Sugar, Sugar," "Brown Sugar," "Cheeseburger in Paradise," "Jambalaya," etc. will all be taken (I have yet to arrive early enough to get an early spot on the list).