Thread: Hey, they're back. How about a belated first Sunday of July 2024 thread?

Hey, they're back. How about a belated first Sunday of July 2024 thread?

wow, some maintenance break. Survived teh Fourth, still got all me fingers. Maybe a few less brain cells. hope you all had a good one, too.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Hey, they're back. How about a belated first Sunday of July 2024 thread?

Good to see we?re back in business!

This old dude is really pooped. We had a complete new lawn installed at our home along with transplanted trees and bushes, new retaining wall, and a lot of other natural goodies that were planted. We have a daily regiment of getting out there to water the entire lawn and have gotten that down to a 2 1/2 hour (reduced from 4 hours with new hardware and experience) process that has my aged body really angry with me.

On top of that we had our last rehearsal today in prep to play a great blues fest on Saturday. With a total of six hours of rehearsal with half of us in the band having never shared a stage together in the past it puts a tad more stress on you to deliver a good show.

Sucks To get old.

I was beginning to have withdrawal pains. I'm glad we're back!

Spent the 4th with my daughter & family. I have taken on the roll of "Doc Fireworks," so having acquired some nifty pyrotechnics, we had our display after a typical American meal of grilled burgers and dogs.

I'm now putting my setlist together for the "Eat Your Words" theme night. The luxury of retirement is that I can pick up and practice any time I want to.

We're having oven-like temperatures. Eighteen of the past nineteen days have been in the 90?s. The next few days will continue the streak. Increasing humidity brought on by Hurricane Beryl are making it really uncomfortable. I walked over 10K (6.24 miles) yesterday, but started early, so it beat the heat.

Got a guy coming over today to repair some wood rot. I'm going to ask him to buy a gallon of paint when he color matches, because I plan to replace the garage door and want to paint it the same color.

Good to be back!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Just put the finishing touches on my album project and ordered 100 CDs for the release party on July 27th.
    Most people don't listen to CDs anymore so they're just going to fill the role as party favors. It's at least a small token package with cover art and music inside.
    I'm going to make up some USB drives with the album on it and give those away as well.

This whole endeavor is more about going through the motions of writing and recording an album, then having a release party as a fulfillment of a long-ago desire to have this experience.
    I started playing guitar because I wanted to write and record music as a vocation. Never happened. Never got around to it.
    The party should be a lot of fun though. Get to act like a big shot for the night, LOL!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Just put the finishing touches on my album project and ordered 100 CDs for the release party on July 27th.
    Most people don't listen to CDs anymore so they're just going to fill the role as party favors. It's at least a small token package with cover art and music inside.
    I'm going to make up some USB drives with the album on it and give those away as well.

This whole endeavor is more about going through the motions of writing and recording an album, then having a release party as a fulfillment of a long-ago desire to have this experience.
    I started playing guitar because I wanted to write and record music as a vocation. Never happened. Never got around to it.
    The party should be a lot of fun though. Get to act like a big shot for the night, LOL!
    What a neat accomplishment! Great tunes!

I am working that day, but I am going to try and make it anyways, as long as I get out early enough to get there!

Too bad Chuck can't get ahold of a motor home so you could arrive in typical Rock Star fashion!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain