Thread: Dare I Start A Sunday Thread? 7/14/2024

Dare I Start A Sunday Thread? 7/14/2024

My timing has been off lately, so I'm worried that by the time I finish this, someone else will have started a Sunday thread. Nonetheless, here goes.

In a world gone made, an assassination attempt was made against Donald Trump yesterday. The cover up begins today. Thankfully, he was only slightly injured.

In other news, I've been practicing two food-related songs for presentation this Tuesday. Wish me well.

The usual today: Church, baseball, guitar practice. Another scorcher, so it's another indoors day. Thank goodness for A/C.

Stay well, my friends.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Dare I Start A Sunday Thread? 7/14/2024

going to get out for a walk before it gets hot, then start cleaning the house for today's party, birthday bash for nephew. I wanted to go last night but as I was eating supper my sister texted me a picture of a bear sighted just a few streets away heading toward a park my block borders on. No cub, yearling or mama bear, this was big ole Daddy bear. Yeah, decided to stay in, plus the rain didn't help either.

not much else on my plate, gotta run.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It?s been a fun weekend with a little gig time and friends.

On Friday evening we played a, sort of, warm up show to prep for our Saturday appearance at an annual blues fest. Our Friday show was minus our sax player but still was a good show and a lot of fun. Yesterday was our show in the annual Bryan Lee Blues Festival (4th year I put a group together) and we had a real blast playing it. The group I assembled had some of the top players in the state so it was a privilege to share the stage with them. It was warm with high humidity so the neck of the bass was kind of sticky so the fingertips are a little sore today.

Hope all have a good week.

Designing a business card with a QR code on it to hand out at the album release party on the 27th. Give everyone a chance to listen. Looks like a good is expected turn-out so far.
    I'm providing the business card and CDs more as party favors, than anything else so people have something to take with them.
    Took me 50 years to get around to doing this so, here's my big chance to be a big shot.
    30 to 40 people will actually hear the music! LOL. It's going to be fun.
    I will honor my girlfriend as my muse for the project so she gets to be a big shot too!

Just walked 3 miles and considering a bicycle ride later in the mid-day heat. Love riding the bicycle!

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Yesterday was some odd jobs around the house, prepping a set list for Fri on e guitar, a couple errands and some work (had a great conversation w/ someone I haven?t talked to before ).

Today it was up early for a sound check, run through and a couple set lists for service at church (on bass this week). Washed the truck and got my hair cut. Still need to work on a solo for next week. Also need to work the rolling racks in the garage for the empty cases.
    Mark

If this pic posts it is part of our group at the Bryan Lee Blues Fest. For the forum dudes, I am
    the bass player.

Whoa, for a minute I thought I saw a quad ESL63 in the background of the that pic Laker, that takes me back to the old studio days!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim