Thread: Looks like it's my turn to start the Sunday thread!

Looks like it's my turn to start the Sunday thread!

Good Sunday morning! August is almost gone and it is getting dark earlier. On vacation for week number two. Had planned to go to Nashville to visit family, but they got COVID and were all sick. My Mom and her husband are both in their 90's. She weathered the storm pretty well, but old Tom has a slew of health issues and spent several days in the hospital. Luckily, Southwest seems to be pretty good about swapping flights. Hopefully we will get out there in October. Ann will be growing a new crop, but it should be before she starts cloning, so a couple days away won't be too rough. Spent yesterday cleaning out the garage. Hadn't done it in a couple years so it needed it. Filled the garbage bin, so I'm stalled until Wednesday, which will also be my 71st official birthday (72 unofficially). Hope to try out a new fly rod in the next day or two. Also working on a new song which I hope will be done enough to start recording on Thursday!Have a great week.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Looks like it's my turn to start the Sunday thread!

Thanks for starting the thread, GJ. Happy Sunday, everyone!

I slept in until 6:35 this am. I woke up way too early yesterday and felt like I was dragging my feet all day, so I made up for it by getting a good night's sleep last night. Summer isn't gone yet, as the temperature is creeping back into the 90s, but this past week has been a refreshing relief from the heat we've had this year. I got in a number of nice, long walks (> 6 miles) so yesterday was really a non-event.

Two weeks to go until my Ireland trip. It's won't be as long as my New Zealand/Australia trip, but I'm no less eager to go. There are several good Irish guitar brands, so once again on my spare time, I hope to play a few. A good friend who's been there several times told me all I needed to do was go to a pub. Almost all of them feature entertainment, and they'll be glad to let you have a go, if you're willing. I don't know about that...

School began Thursday (who in their right mind starts school two days before the weekend???). So lots of kids, buses and crossing guards around. I learned that I have an Olympic gold medalist living a four minute walk from me. Their yard is all decorated with the red, white and blue! And the high school where she attended has a big sign out front congratulating her.

A regular Sunday in store for me. First, church, then maybe a lunch out. An early afternoon baseball game, as the season winds down. As usual, my nearly last-place team is slumping, so I'll do like usual: turn the tv on without sound, hug a guitar and play away mindlessly for an inning or two. Life is good!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

The wife and I went shopping for new window treatments yesterday,, then I went to the music store to drop off the Jazzmaster for some new (Novak) pups and a Mastery bridge.
    Finished getting the electrics set up with their stuff. Then watched F1 practices and qualifiers.

Today, getting ready for church. Need to put 3 capos into 3 acoustic cases then I am set there. Start working on a set list for 2 weeks from today (have this and next week off from gigs).Will catch the F1 race at some point.
    Mark

Lots of bicycle riding the past few weeks. 300 miles.
    Feeling pretty good. Medical issues had me side-lined for April, May, and June, so I may not equal the 1400 miles I rode last summer. Guitar playing is coming along well though!
    Been nursing Gail ba k to health. 2 weeks ago a six foot long Timber Rattlesnack darted across the bicycle trail. She took one hand off the handlebar to point it out, and squeezed the brake lever at the same time. Didn't end well. Really damaged her knee. On crutches now and moping around the house.
    More bike riding for me today and hopefully some music latter.
    Happy Sunday!
    We've got the CuNiFe

We had house guests for the weekend and it was a pleasant time, but it?s always nice to get back to our normal existence when it?s just my wife and me rattling around the old homestead.

We took the Harley out for dinner last night and again this morning for breakfast and really had a couple of beautiful cruises on the scooter. I?m happy that, at almost eighty years old, I?m still a capable scooter pilot so my wife and I can safely enjoy our time on the bike. Since 1982 we have covered 48 states (ran the Key West Poker Run 10 times), 7 Canadian provinces and a short trip into Mexico on the various Harleys we?ve owned.

Hope all have a great week.

we had a nice week long break from the weather, even dipped into the 40s the other morning. High summer is over here, trees on my block are changing colors already. If we are then they certainly are up North. The next 7 weeks will see increasingly heavier traffic especially on weekends. We still have the lingering summer tourists but school starts on Tuesday here. Slight respite before the surge of leaf peepers. Funny that I haven't heard the usual media blather about the expected foliage. Now that I typed about it, surely I'll start seeing items in my news feed, LOL

Sold the oddball neck, got a bass body up now, working on listing my partscaster. Took a bunch of pictures yesterday outside, put everything away then worked on the pictures. A small problem with a better camera doing close ups shows dust and dirt that you don't see from 2 feet away. This body has abundant natural checking and I want the buyer to know that right off the bat so that there are no misrepresentation claims.

Now that it isn't so dang hot, it's easier to get outdoors which i intend to do very soon. I didn't get to sleep like i usually do until after 430 then slept to almost noon. Poor cat got lunch instead of breakfast.

Going to deep clean the guitar and retake pictures today
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"