Thread: The Ides of September...

The Ides of September...

It's going to be a stellar day today here in New England. We've had an amazing run of great weather so far. Even the fresh, native corn on the cob is still available and SO GOOD!. Today my grandson and I are going to Mystic Seaport. They are having an event to celebrate the life of the fist Captain of the Amistad, Bill Pinkney. That's how I met him... the ship and its story have captivated me for a long time. He was also the first African American to solo circumnavigate the globe, amongst many other accomplishments. . a really cool guy, on top of it. It will be an interesting day. W might also be going on a sail, not sure yet if there's room for me and my grandson. Anyways, big week scheduled.

We also re-booked our flight to Nashville... going in a couple weeks. Have a great one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: The Ides of September...

Greetings from the Connemara Coast Hotel, a few miles west of Galway, Ireland. I've been touring the Emerald Isle and this will be home for the next couple of days. A beautiful view of Galway Bay on the west coast. I was beginning to think the sun had forgotten us, but it came out today and it was glorious. Paid a visit to the gravesite of William Bultler Yeats, and have been trying to find redeeming value in Irish food! Oh, it's good alright, but I don't consider it world-class cuisine. Still, I'm not going hungry!

Great trip so far, and very informative. I had the chance to play a Lowden guitar, but I was still jet-lagged at the time and didn't think I could do it justice. Maybe in another town and another guitar store...
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

yes, a gorgeous string of nice weather, just wondering how we're going to pay for that later. Will it be rainy or will it get cold enough for snow? We're almost in a drought, as much as I hate to say that. Might be going to stuff next weekend so I'm hoping the streak continues.

Sold a bunch of stuff the last couple of weeks. Bass body, two necks this week. Next is either the 'extra' CV50 Tele or my MJT Strat partscaster. I'd do the MJT body first but I don't have a box that I know of. It was so long ago that I don't think I have a body box left. I may have to try to sell the guitar intact, I do have guitar boxes. Would prefer a local meet.

Stuff is selling, you just have to be willing to mark it down until it moves. Set a price and if you don't get nibbles in the first 24-36 hours, you're asking more than the market will bear. Adjust and move it unless you have the luxury of waiting for the right buyer.

Back to football, chips and salsa, and guitar. Not necessarily in that order. Have a good one.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Today is full of playing a naps. Bass gigs in the AM. Brought a CS Tele for the guitarist this AM as his has some issues. He did it full justice. Got home and took a nap. Woke up and went through this evenings set list. Then took another nap. Now getting ready for a sound check. Using the same CS Tele.

side note: needing to play some slide tonight, but it?s hybrid. I hate my knuckle slide, so emailed the maker of the slide seeing if I can get one. Chances are 1% as they state in their FAQs they can?t do custom. So I need to find a local glass worker. I?ll just get another, have them cut it down and finish the edges.
    Mark

Another amazing day in a weeklong string of perfect weather. And another 25 mile bicycle ride bumping my total up to 911 miles this summer. Little ways to go the reach 1000, and beyond!

Been playing the new Alvarez acoustic daily. Such a sweet guitar. I might actually prefer it over my martin! Say it isn't so!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Struggling to finish my next single through a Hurricane of shit.

Arthritis

Lazy personnel at the recording Studios

Health issues in the family

Wife facing trouble at work

Tough stuff in the law office

Horrible political crap here (in the US too, as I reckon)

Anyway, it's a lovely Sunday evening, the moon looks gorgeous in the Southern hemisphere, and I'm having some of my usual junk food that I love for dinner: Budweisers and air-fried chicken with ranch and Stubbs bbq sauce.

I'm about to take a break from this lifestyle, the upcoming week Will be all about blood tests, doctor appointments and I'll be getting back to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes and sparring Sessions (best sport I've ever tried) in order to get back in proper shape.

Lord, I'm pissed off

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Sergio, glad to see you?re back. We were wondering where you went.
    Mark