Thread: Guess What? It's the Sunday Thread for September 29, 2024!

Guess What? It's the Sunday Thread for September 29, 2024!

Today is my sister's birthday. I was traveling, so I wasn't able to send her a card. I'll send an electronic one as soon as I finish this.

Happy last Sunday in September, everyone! The after-effects of Hurricane Helene are barely noticeable in my area, but the rain is. Soon, the evenings will be cooler and the leaves will turn. Coming back from Ireland, the weather seems all too familiar.

COVID sliced through our travel group, hitting one third of those on board the bus. I was fortunate, in that if I was affected at all, it was through a cough which has already passed. But I'm staying away from social gatherings for a few days just in case. I played some terrific guitars -- especially the Lowden acoustics. I was sorely tempted to buy one and ship it home, but ye gods, the price! The shipping! The import taxes! Sigh. Still, I have some nice guitars which have stood waiting patiently for me, and I've been giving them a lot of love.

Today is the last day of the regular MLB season. I'll watch, since the post-season has no attraction for me this year. Then, it's on to football, where my interest is returning. A man's gotta do something with his time, right?

Be good, safe and healthy, everyone!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Guess What? It's the Sunday Thread for September 29, 2024!

Good morning!!! Summer's an afterthought and fall is on it's way. The yard is already filling up with dead leaves. Today is my wife's birthday - not sure what we'll be doing yet - possibly getting her some lobster rolls at a new place that opened up nearby. I'll get a couple of their ind=credible hot dogs - not into lobster, myself. Busy week - lots of work events followed by a quick trip to Nashville to see my mother. They say she's declining cognitively pretty quickly. I've only known her for about 4 years, so it's hard to know what she was like when she was younger, but I'm grateful to have had any time with her at all. Have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain