Thread: The Sunday Thread for October 6, 2024

The Sunday Thread for October 6, 2024

It's still too dark out for this time of day and it makes it hard for me to come up with a clever subject line. So, a vanilla heading will have to do.

I woke up and the first thing I thought was, "When does Daylight Saving Time end?" I'm not used to waking up to pitch dark mornings. So, because there's nothing special on my plate today, greetings to all! The forecast is for perfect weather, so in addition to church, I'm planning on a nice, long walk today. Maybe I'll watch some sports (my team is out of the MLB season, and I'm prepared to be disappointed in football, but we'll let that rest. All in all, I think it should be a terrific early Autumn Sunday. Enjoy!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread for October 6, 2024

It?s one of those days where the eyes popped open at 3:30 AM and that was it for sleeping as far as my mind was telling me.

I can?t believe that, since I had all the landscaping done at my home back in the beginning of July, it has rained two or three miserable little sprinkles. My water bill has doubled as I water the lawn a couple of times a week to try to keep the trees, shrubs, and grass that the landscaper installed in a healthy state. I?m looking at the the seven day forecast I?m seeing sunny, 70 degree days with no hint of rain so that means I?ll have to continue the watering regimen. I never thought I?d look forward to snow.

trying to get together with my jam buddy today. Bro is having a bunch of people over today so I don't think we can convene here. I'm prepared to go over to his house if he gets my message in time. I've been working on some of the songs we do and am looking forward to playing.

Want to get out for a walk beforehand, by the time we're done and I'm back home it'll be dark. hate the earlier sunset but whatcha gonna do?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Just got home a while ago from a quick trip to Nashville. We finally got to visit my Mom and sister (and my Mom's husband). Also my sister's son, who is ending his tour in the /US Army. He had some pretty cool jobs - driving a Bradley, flying drones, serving as a rangemaster...... lots of cool toys to play with.

My mom is not doing so great., Her Alzheimer's is getting worse and she looks pretty frail. Wednesday was the five-=year anniversary of actually finding her.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain