Thread: Holy Cow! It's Sunday, Already. The Thread for October 12, 2024

Holy Cow! It's Sunday, Already. The Thread for October 12, 2024

I'm up and no one has started the Sunday thread yet, so I guess it's up to me again. The curse of being an early riser. Plus the fact that I almost always have my first cup of coffee while I'm checking the news and email...

My daughter dangled a meal invitation in front of me for today, but we haven't firmed up the time or place, so I'm waiting on that. Next Saturday is my birthday, so I'm hoping she isn't planning on making today the event and leaving me to my own next Saturday. Well, it will be what it will be. Hey, there could be a
    song in there.

Some of you may have read that I've decided to sell off some of my guitars. I clinched the deal with the seller on a new Lowden S-35c, so to defray the cost I'm going to let some of my lesser-played guitars go. I might post one or two here just to test the waters, since TFF classifieds are free. I can't tell you how much I fell in love with the Lowdens I played in Ireland. More costly than I'm used to paying for a guitar (even more than the custom guitar I had built!), but when one calls your name... So begins the process.

Church, lunch, football, and closure on meeting time with family. That's my Sunday. How about for you?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Holy Cow! It's Sunday, Already. The Thread for October 12, 2024

This was the first morning in a long time when my body clock was saying "Wake-up!" at 4:30 -5:00 am. The wife is dog-sitting at her son's house this weekend and me and Daisy are on our own. Of course, when Ann isn't home Daisy sits and cries the whole time. She also decided to get even by not pooping at the appropriate time but waiting until the dead of night to get even. So, instead of having a lazy morning, I was cleaning the carpet in around 12 different spots the minute I woke up. The dog only weighs 5 pounds!!!!!

Today I'll finish all the chores I didn't get to yesterday. Trips to Home Depot and Best Buy are anticipated, as well as remove the air conditioner from the music room window and hang some racks in the garage.

Moderately slow week coming up - can't complain about that!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

Church, lunch, football, and closure on meeting time with family. That's my Sunday. How about for you?
    My Sunday will be a quick breakfast after church and then a trip up north for an afternoon with my wife?s relatives where we will celebrate the annual kermis with traditional Belgian dishes like chicken booyah and Belgian pies of many flavors being served. It?s a fun afternoon with some really nice people.

Breakfast, Reflection Time, check on the results from World Superbike from Estoril. BWM is kicking serious ass this year for the very first time! They look set to win the championship.
    Some guitar playing, writing, finger picking exercises, acoustic jam at 1:00, and maybe a hike it it's not raining later.

Hit the 1200 mile mark yesterday on my bicycle! Not sure if I'll match my 1400 miles from last year, but I lost 10 weeks this summer due to stupid medical stuff.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

cool cloudy day, feels like mid fall and guess what, it is. Columbus Day weekend. When we kids were small and still agreeable to be around, we used to pile into station wagons with parents and their friends and their kids. Four adults, seven kids. Go sit in the traffic on the Kangamangus Highway, say 'never again' and the next year, we're there again. LOL. I can just imagine the crowd at Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill, NH. Three hour wait is not unheard of. Insane but people do it anyway. This is probably their biggest day of the year. They will be closed by Halloween if memory serves.

Mice are making their presence known this year. My cat has been watching spots in the kitchen for months. So far he's killed 2 and my brother has managed to kill or find 2 in either the washer or dryer. 3 years we've been here and this is the first fall they're trying to get into the house. Makes me wonder if we have a cold winter coming.

I know they're getting in through the basement, yet brother is hell bent on building the room before addressing the bulkhead issue. I think he's making a mistake but it's not my money. Lumber and mason prep supplies were delivered this week. I have to empty my half of the basement again, part of the reason why I'm putting stuff up for sale, to try to reduce the volume of stuff.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Did a lot of work prepping for 2025 yesterday and today. Probably spent 10 hrs on it between Sat and Sun. I plan it should save us about 250-350 man hrs next year and bring the whole thing closer to error proof. Picked up the 000-28 EC from getting a pup install yesterday. Today did church, started prepping next weeks set list and now catching some football.
    Mark