Thread: The Sunday Thread for October 20, 2024

The Sunday Thread for October 20, 2024

Good morning/afternoon/evening. We are now moving into the darkness of Autumn. We've had a "super moon" the past couple of days, and good eyes (or a good camera lens) has allowed us to also view the comet Tsuchinshan, which it's said appears only once every 88,000 years. Who was around to last see it no one knows, but that's what I read.

Yesterday was my birthday (73) and I spent it with my family. My granddaughter's dance studio participated in a parade, so I went early with them to watch. They then took me to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants for lunch, and then I spent the afternoon just hanging around. I helped my son in law solder a wire for a Halloween display that had been chewed by squirrels and just watched my grandkids play. It was a beautiful day all around!

Today is back to normal. Church this morning, fill my gas tank, do some shopping and then watch some handegg. It's supposed to be another gorgeous afternoon, so I might pass on the handegg and just walk around the golf course. Of course, there will be some guitar playing (I have some upcoming news on that) and more contemplating how to begin sorting and selecting the guitars I want to sell. Sigh.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you have a glorious October Sunday!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Sunday Thread for October 20, 2024

First, Happy Birthday!
    Didnt get near enough done yesterday. I did get to practice with a HSS Strat I haven?t spent a lot of time with. It got the nod for today. Sounded even better in the mix than at home. Still have another set to play this AM.
    When I get home, I need to pay some bills and do a bit of work. The US Grand Prix is on this afternoon and hope I get a chance to watch it live.
    I should work on the Mini, but I don?t see that? happening. I need to start planning on my NAMM trip. I was going to bow out but my wife wants me to go.
    I?m not going to see all the stuff. I?m going to support the store I consult and meet some execs. Hoping the store gets another award, as that will help when I approach the execs about employment. Yes this is totally about networking for a new job.
    My primary targets are Martin and PRS due to their Eastern time zone.
    Mark

Going to an acoustic jam today at a farm in Connecticut. Cool place. Nice folks. Looking forward to playing with others as I'm finally starting to get my chops back.
    Then off to Vermont. Hiking, bike riding and such. We're having a nice warm spell here in the Northeast.
    Lots more gear to sell. Guitars, amps, etc. Cleaning house and only keeping the bare essentials at this point. I feel bad about owning nice gear that does get played.
    We've got the CuNiFe

Good Sunday morning! I did all my chores yesterday and have the day off! I got a flu shot and COVID shot yesterday and am a bit tuckered out anyways. The Mrs. and I ordered a new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered Tuesday. The old one is 18 years old and has lots of issues - I figured it's better to get it while I'm working than to have it crap out when I retire. That's still a couple years away, but I'm trying to get stuff like that under control while I have income rather than outgo. A quiet week in store for a change. That's a relief!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

She’s a beautiful late October day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan as I sit here and watch them Packers playing the game in, what looks like, their underwear. Whatever happened to the “Green and Gold”? Oh well, it will generate money as the fools rush out to purchase copies of that crap uniform.

It’s not every year that I can sit here, at this time of the year, with the furnace shut off and all the windows open to enjoy this great fresh air. We should be out on the bike for a cruise through the countryside, but a glass of single-malt does wonders for the soul.

Hope all enjoy a great day!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well got bills paid, started watching the F1 race , now over to hand egg for my wife?s fav teams. Got a nice compliment at my second gig about my tone. Was playing my Mexican Strat HSS.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    Got a nice compliment at my second gig about my tone. Was playing my Mexican Strat HSS.
    Well there you go! Instant justification!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!