Thread: Last Sunday in October (already!)

Last Sunday in October (already!)

It's hard to believe that November is almost upon us. This starts my busy season - a big convention in a couple weeks - my 40th - nine as an attendee and 31 as staff. I still enjoy every minute of it, although it is exhausting! Then we have several statewide training sessions - I look forward to December's relative quiet. Got a new cordless leaf blower yesterday - a Husqvarna 40 volt cordless - I'll be spending time blowing leaves today. I would rather bag them with the rider, but the lawn is so dry I just kick up billowing clouds of dust. Almost time to put the winter tires on the cars - the Subaru gets the Blizzaks and the Mustang gets the all season tires. Hope you all have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Last Sunday in October (already!)

Well, I got beaten to the punch, so I've deleted my thread and will add to this one:

I wanted to title this thread "For the Autumnal Drowse," but I'm not sure anyone else feels this way, or would even understand it. I confess, I have come down with epic lethargy and ennui. I'm still playing guitar, getting my daily exercise, and doing most everything I do normally, but I just don't feel energized by any of it. In fact, the only thing I've done with any interest is pull out a ukulele and work my way through Jefferson Starship's The Baby Tree. Which I don't understand, because I always thought that song was out of place on the Blows Against The Empire album. Go figure.

Well, it's Sunday. The coffee is brewing and soon I'll be getting ready for church, lunch, handegg and no baseball today. Hey, I've actually been watching the World Series and it's been terrific! Ohtani's injury is the only downer, and we don't yet know the extent of it. The Dodgers pitching has pretty well silenced the Yankees' bats, so even though the games have been mostly long ball scores, the drama is at a high level.

So, the coffee is ready, and I'm going to start my day. I hope wherever you are, you have a good one!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Last Sunday in October (already!)

OS - I actually watched some of last night's game, from the go-ahead homer. Ohtani's injury looked like his left wrist at first, but a hot mic caught him telling his translator "I popped my shoulder out". Not sure which is worse.

I've been busy this week taking advantage of my brother's vacation trip to rearrange my office, putting stuff in the living room for a day or two or three. I rewired three of the outlets to three prong, no more cheater plugs. Got a refresher to why electricians can charge what they do, what a chore it was just replacing 3 receptacles. Still not grounded (2 conductor wire, dang) but the flat profile plugs can be used now. Another benefit is my amps are now plugged in 24/7. I no longer have to unplug something to plug in an amp.

I've prepared a space for my half stack in the office so it is not in the cellar during the construction. Moved both of the bookcases out, they were just being junk holders. Was thinking about recording a track with live mic in the basement, then move everything upstairs and double the track. Like moving from one live room to another in a studio complex. The amps are probably going to be up here for most of the winter, depending on how the construction goes.

No jam this week, my buddy has family stuff to attend to. I didn't practice much due to being otherwise occupied. Going to take it easy today, no more moving stuff until next week.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"