Thread: Let's Try a Sunday Thread for July 21, 2024

Let's Try a Sunday Thread for July 21, 2024

Yep, it's that time of the week again! Time to check in with your TFF buds and let us know what you're up to.

Me? I'm up to about 5" 10". Well, I may have shrunk an inch due to age, but there you have it.

After church today, my family is coming over to finally pick up the bicycle they bought for my granddaughter last Christmas. They've decided to make it a birthday present instead (her birthday was the 12th). I hope we go out for dinner together, too.

Quiet and not quite as scorching as it was last week. Getting out early to get my exercise in before it gets too hot.

Be well, everyone.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Let's Try a Sunday Thread for July 21, 2024

I was up to 6?4?, but now 6?3? due to collapsed discs (4 of them).
    Today I think I?ll install a Les Trem II on my LP Supreme, prep the set lists for next weekend and watch some F1.
    Mark

at some point today or soon hopefully, I'll extract the new workbench from the back of my car and get it down cellar to my music area. The weather has finally gotten back to more or less normal summer temperatures. Mid to high 80s, lower humidity

beautiful summer full moon Saturday night. Went downtown looking for love, no, I mean live music. First bar had a band that was ok, ended early. Second bar wasn't even open, mechanical failure of some sort closed them early Third bar had the former Tuesday night open mic house band playing with a sax player. Ended up being one of the better shows I've seen in a while and I got to catch a bunch of it on my new phone.

Oh, about that. Dropped my old phone on Tuesday and shattered the screen, first time ever. 8 year old SE iPhone 16GB. Repair place asked if I was satisfied with the performance and frankly it did not have enough storage. Ended up with a new SE with 128 GB. Being able to record entire songs on video is a novel concept for me
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I?m happy that, at almost 80 years old, I can still get on one of my Harleys and safely take my wife for a cruise and a fun afternoon on the bike. I hope everyone has a great week.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well got some stuff done this evening that I didn?t have time to this weekend. Re situated (moving shelves around) a rolling rack in the garage for empty cases. Took longer than building a new one. The 3rd rack gets built tomorrow. The previous 2 are dedicated to uncased electrics and acoustics. The 3rd one will be for uncased basses.
    Everything that is cases will (should) fit into the closet of the music room/office.

once that?s done, I need to do some cable management. Also I think the Heritage 530 (Gibby 330) will get cased and the Ric 360 v63 will come out. It will look great next to my Abbey Rd tin sign.
    Mark